Monday, July 7, 2008

In Spain They Call This "Tapas"

But in Rockford, we call it a "wee-nee" (my apologies to those north of the Mason-Dixon line) . To be exact, an Oscar Mayer Turkey Frank which provides 100 calories, 2 g. carbohydrates (not to exceed 30 g daily), 5 g protein (75 g required daily) and, most importantly, 69 delightful bites! Yes, we cut 'em small around here! For added taste, he dips each bite in either yellow mustard or salsa. Quite the connoisseur, that Gene-o.

Gene is moving along steadily, gaining strength each day. Hannah commented today that it looks like he is losing weight from his head down and I agree. As a matter of fact, during a recent backrub, I discovered what appear to be "shoulder-blades"! At first, I suspected a tumor, but upon further examination, found the mass duplicated on the right side and came to the conclusion that they are, indeed, regular, everyday body parts. I can only imagine what we may find next! (Not that I am looking, mind you!)

And so, on we go. Tuesday, July 15, is our next appointment with Dr. Boyce and we are going to hold off weighing until then, so please check back for the next big announcement.

1 comment:

marsebb said...

Way to go, Old Buddy. I am praying for you! I can't wait to see the smaller you! marilyn s.