Tuesday, September 9, 2008

At the End of the Day

Please forgive me for being tardy in updating this blog, no doubt critical to your peace and happiness! I seem to be in the middle of "title block" and have never posted when uninspired (although my literary critics may beg to differ!). Nevertheless, here is the update and I hope you are sitting down!

Twelve weeks ago today, Gene had gastric by-pass surgery. He has lost 77.9 pounds.

There it is folks. This is what happens when you change what you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, IF you eat! He has also added exercise but as earlier posts imply, nothing too strenuous or drastic.

I will have a new pic up soon, so check back often!

3 comments:

Tilly said...

I am so excited by his progress. I spoke with him on the phone last night and told him that even his voice sounds smaller! I am so proud of both of you because I know that when it comes right down to it, he may be the one who went through the surgery, but it is the two of you who are going through this process together and I know full well that this is equally challenging for you in many ways. Thank you for the update and you are both in my prayers everyday.

Janet Scarbro said...

WAY TO GO GENE-O!!! The Scarbro's are so proud of you (and some of us a little jealous of your progress)...just kidding, but we are so thankful you are doing well. We definitely can have dinner together again soon. Keep up the good work, Gene & Sonja! We love you so much.... Janet & the kids

marsebb said...

Can't wait to see the new you! I am so proud of you both for going on this journey! marilyn s.